There are 30 million Arabic speakers around the globe, with large centers of native speakers in the Middle East and North Africa. The Arabic Flagship Program at Indiana University prepares you for Superior level language proficiency, setting you up for success in domestic and international careers.
One of four Language Flagships on campus, the Arabic Flagship Program is designed to allow undergraduates to study any major while gaining professional proficiency in Arabic. While completing Arabic coursework at IU, our students participate in one-on-one tutoring and accelerated summer language study. The program culminates in a Capstone year in Morocco, with overseas study and an internship in a chosen field.
- Reach professional-level language proficiency in Arabic
- Pursue a diverse range of majors, from business to science to humanities
- Fund summer language study and a Capstone year in Morocco through scholarships
- Work in diverse fields like business, government, arts, and the nonprofit sector after graduation
- Complete a semester-long internship abroad in vibrant Morocco
- Benefit from individualized, one-on-one Arabic tutorials
- Develop personal and professional networks
- Become global professionals